Skip to main content

Is this THE END or A NEW BEGINNING?




Whether I am reading a book, watching a movie, or listening to someone share -- I absolutely love a great story. I love watching the plot develop and I especially love the possibilities surrounding each new beginning.

I hate endings. Closing the page of a book I've loved, the screen fading to black and the credits rolling after I've enjoyed a good movie, and a chapter in my life coming to a conclusion that has been life changing.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

My daughter and I are in the process of turning the page of an incredible chapter. The details are too many to describe. Yesterday, we said goodbye to Tiger's Edition, affectionately known as Eddy, our 12 year old, thoroughbred. Today, both Chelsea and Eddy begin a new chapter.

In the spring of 2006, Eddy was adopted by us through New Vocations -- a race horse adoption group located in Ohio. He came to us very green with little experience or training. After over 3 years of intentional and dedicated loving care, determination, and amazing resolve... Eddy and Chelsea have grown in strength, confidence, and beauty. You can see this in them... the possibilities hidden inside of them are emerging. No doubt, they are different as a result of this chapter of their lives.

My Chelsea is an amazing young woman -- I am honored to be her mom and even more grateful to be her friend.

I am also trusting God and remembering these words found in a little book in the Old Testament

Look... & watch and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told.
Habakkuk 1:5

Today, I'm just wondering what's next...

Comments

  1. I am glad Chelsea had parents that allowed her to have this amazing opportunity! Special memories for her-- for all of you! I know this was an extra special time for you and Chelsea-- mother and daughter time. :) I am so glad we got to come see her compete-- she made us so proud! Eddy was a huge part of her life-- was and always will be, I am sure this experience will always be a part of the wonderful young woman she has and will become. The best part was that SHE got to choose with time to close this chapter of her life. So much harder when the choice is made for you. Life isn't always this kind! Sometimes those choices are made for us with no conversation. But that's another story. Saying good-bye is very hard---always is-- hard to let a friend go and I am sure Eddy was exactly that...... but I agree, there will be another chapter. I so look forward in seeing what comes next for her. She may be my only niece, but she is still the best! :) You will all be in our thoughts and prayers! How wonderful is it to be a mother and share these kind of memories with our kids! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shaking the System

Here at Grace Community Church we just finished a four week series entitled Shaking the System. If you missed any of these -- you can listen online at www.gracecc.org/sermons.html How did this weekend series stir you? What questions or concerns did it raise in your heart and mind? This past week Dave Rod gave us some ideas for personal engagement -- have you or are you planning to take any steps to personally get engaged in social justice issues?

Praying as We Breathe In & Out

By offering a simple prayer with every breath, we can be reminded "for in him we live and move and exist" (Acts 17:28). Although rather simple, this practice requires a connection between the unconscious act of breathing and a conscious expression to God. A Bit of History The church has practiced breath prayer or "prayer of the heart" for millennia . The Eastern Orthodox Church, in particular, has seen breath prayer as a way of living out Paul's instruction to "pray without ceasing."         Examples Jesus Prayer Take a moment to become aware of your breathing. It might help to find a quiet place -- close your eyes and notice your breathing. As you breath in -- bring your thoughts to Jesus. As you breath out -- express a word of gratitude or need. For example, breath in -- saying "Lord, Jesus Christ" -- breath out saying "have mercy on me." Throughout your day -- as you notice your breathing -- take note an

The Shack and Room of Marvels

I love to read. I enjoy hearing what others are thinking and processing. I go through spurts of reading fiction and honestly I don't read very much christian fiction. BUT, a few years ago I read a book called Room of Marvels and just recently picked up a copy of the book, The Shack . Both books are fiction. Both books press in on really hard subjects of pain and loss. Both books profoundly impacted my view of God, our world, and eternity. Any readers out there? Have you read either of these books? Would love to hear your thoughts?