Read the following passage using the Lectio Divina practice noted above.
Here's a quick reminder to follow:
1. SILENCIO: Begin by quieting your heart and allowing yourself to become aware of God's presence.
2. LECTIO: Read the passage of scripture slowly and out loud. Listening for a word or phrase. Write down the word or phrase that stands out to you.
3. MEDITATIO: Read the passage a second time out loud, linger and listen for any places you sense God inviting you to explore.
4. ORATIO: Ask yourself, why this phrase or word? What might you need to explore. Ask God to open your eyes to more.
5. CONTEMPLATIO: Contemplate as you rest and wait with God allowing the words to sink deeply into your heart. Take some time to write down what you sense God is prompting in you and journal your thoughts and prayers.
Answer me quickly, O LORD; my spirit fails. Do not hide your face from me or I will be like those who go down to the pit. Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. Rescue me from my enemies, O LORD, for I hide myself in you. Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.Psalm 143:7-10
Enjoy meeting with God in this passage and the pages of your journal.